Friday, November 28, 2014

Recovering Cushions - Pictures

While Hammie is in the shop, I decided it was a good time to work on new cushion covers.  I spent an afternoon at the fabric store, going through the discounted and discontinued fabric, looking for outdoor fabric that I liked and that would hold up well in the camper.

After finding what I thought would work well, I set to work sewing new covers.  I have never sewn anything in my life, so this was a major undertaking.  I ended up with this:




The dinette cushions are floral, the sofa is green with a floral back (that's it above in the second photo laid out as a bed) and the bunk is the striped.  I plan to sew curtains as well.

I was lucky that the cushion foam was in really great condition.  It was old, but not brittle at all.  In fact it was soft and clean.  I sprayed them all down with lysol and then febreeze before putting the new covers on them.  It was a huge savings not to have to buy new foam and I'm happy with the way they all turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment